Reporting to the IT Manager, this role will support the Universal Audio engineering team in software development related build processes and projects. Using your understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well Architected Framework, you will lead the effort to construct and manage an infrastructure to support the software development lifecycle including the Atlassian suite of tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo and Bitbucket. With an approach founded in industry standards, best practices, and guidelines, you will establish security, monitoring and automation to provide optimal system health and enable scalability for these systems and related processes.
• Review the current architectural landscape and make appropriate recommendations.
• Interprets internal/external business issues and recommends complete solutions based on best practices and proven technologies.
• Develops design and functional specifications.
• Assist in the post-implementation support and system enhancements.
• Design, install, configure, maintain and perform Linux/server operating systems, related utilities, and hardware.
• Responsible for troubleshooting server problems as reported by users.
• Research, evaluate and recommend software and hardware products.
• Develop tools and processes for managing services running on Linux servers.
• Participate in the development and testing of internal tools, scripts, and other similar coding projects.
• Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
• Monitor reporting/alarming tools, KPIs, look for issues, errors, inconsistencies, anomalies, etc. to ensure nominal system health
• Deploy and maintain web application technologies and middleware solutions
• Create/update and maintain system documentation
• Working knowledge engineering solutions within multiple Cloud accounts and services
• Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience architecting and configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
• Experience with IaC tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform is preferred.
• Experience supporting Atlassian tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bamboo & Bitbucket preferred.
• Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices.
• Ability to develop and implement vulnerability remediation strategies.
• Experience with automating server configuration for security
• Experience writing process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures.
• Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams with diverse backgrounds.
• Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills.
• A Bachelor’s Degree from in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related technical disciplines.
• At least four (4) years of experience working with design and implementation of systems and applications at Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Knowledge of programming languages, including Perl, Python, and shell scripting.
• Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems and related products.
• Experience with systems planning, security principles, and general system management best practices.